Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

German Chocolate Frosting

Frosts one 9x13" cake or two 8-inch round layers

3 Tbsp. butter
3 1/2 Tbsp. flour
1 cup canned evaporated milk
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped pecans (I prefer walnuts)

Melt butter in saucepan and stir in flour. Stir in milk, sugar, and vanilla. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in coconut and nuts. Spread evenly over cooled German Chocolate cake.

My thoughts: This brings back fond memories of my childhood. My favorite cake is German Chocolate with THIS particular frosting. I remember my 8th birthday party vividly. This frosting topped my birthday cake and I can still remember licking the spoon and sauce pan from when Mom made the frosting.

Serve it with: Cold milk, hot tea, or coffee

Shared with me by: My Mama!

0 comments: