Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies

Makes 3 dozen

1 cup butter-flavored Crisco
2 cups sugar
2 cups cooked pumpkin
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon

Cream shortening, sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and then stir in walnuts. Drop by spoonfuls or cookie scoop onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 350* for 8 minutes. Don't overbake.

My thoughts: Yummy, soft, moist, autumnal cookie.

Serve it with: Spiced apple cidar or milk.

Shared with me by: My elementary teachers (it was an ungraded primary school) did a unit study on pumpkins in the fall the year I was 7 years old. They took the pumpkins we had cut up to investigate and cooked them! The next day they brought the cooked pumpkin back to class along with the recipe written on the board. We had to copy the recipe before we could mix up the cookies. I will forever remember Mrs. Pierce and Mrs. Polly when I see this recipe or taste these cookies.

0 comments: