Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Green Chili Tacos

Shredded Pork Roast Meat
Whole green chilis (I used canned)
Sweet Onion slices
Corn Tortillas
Cooking Oil

Toppings:
Shredded Spinich leaves (julienne sliced?? I know there is a term for this cut)
Shredded Cheese
Chopped Tomatoes
Sour Cream
Hot Sauce of choice

Cut the canned green chilis (probably 5 of them) into large pieces and sliced the sweet onion (I use 1015's from Texas) into very thin pieces. Sautee them in a little bit of the broth from the roast and a dab of butter. Cooked the corn tortillas in hot oil until soft and drained them on paper towels to absorb some of the oil.

Mix shredded pork roast meat with the sauteed chilis and sweet onions and fill corn tortillas. Top with toppings of choice and enjoy!

My thoughts: I improvised one night when I couldn't find the recipe to Southwestern Pulled Pork Tacos and ended up concocting these Green Chili Tacos. My husband loved them!

Serve it with: Corn chips & Salsa, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans

This recipe is an Oney Original

0 comments: