Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Magic Bars

Makes 24 very rich bar cookies

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I think this is one cellophane package crushed fine)
1/2 cup butter (this is equal to 1 cube or 1/4 pound of butter)
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (not evaporated milk!)

Melt butter in the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan in a 35o* oven. This takes just a few minutes so don't leave it unattended or you'll have burnt butter. Pour graham cracker crumbs over melted butter. Mix with a fork to distribute the butter to all crumbs. Spread it over the bottom of the pan and press down lightly to form a crust. Evenly sprinkle butterscotch and chocolate chips over crust. Sprinkle coconut and walnuts over the chips. Pour entire can of sweetened condensed milk over all as evenly as you can. Bake at 350* for 23-25 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!

Cook completely before cutting into desired number of bar cookies.

My thoughts: These are very rich and delicious. They are very simple to make but they tend to be a little on the expensive side to make. They are worth it though.

Serve it with: A cup of strong black coffee!

Shared with me by: My mama. She made these for my brother and me once in a while. My brother doesn't like walnuts so she put the walnuts on my half.

0 comments: