Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Grandma's Scalloped Potatoes

Serves 6-8

6 large red potatoes
1 can evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
Salt and pepper

Peel potatoes, rinse, and slice thinly. Butter deep baking dish (I use my small blue speckled roaster). Place potatoes in prepared dish. Pour canned milk over potatoes. Dot with 1/4 cup butter. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake for one our at 350*. If more liquid is needed just add 1/2 milk can of water.

My thoughts: Oh. My. Goodness! These are THE BEST scalloped potatoes I've ever eaten. My cousin Stacy and I can hurt ourselves eating Grandma's scalloped potatoes. Whenever we have a family dinner and we know Grandma is making her scalloped potatoes, Stacy and I always have to ask, "So, what's she making for everyone else?" LOL

Serve it with: Spiral Ham and seasoned green beans.

Shared with my by: My Grandma Jane

0 comments: